|Monitoring details of Purvanchal Expressway Project by Project Monitoring Group. Size: 2.77MB | Language: English
|Click here to View/Download
|Purvanchal Expressway Project Map Size: 256KB | Language: English
|Click here to View/Download
Details of Purvanchal expressway project and updated status
- Starting point: Village Chand Sarai, located at Lucknow-Sultanpur Road (NH-731), district Lucknow.
- Ending Point: Near village Haidaria on National Highway No.-19, before 18 KM of UP-Bihar border, in district Ghazipur. Total length 340.824 KM.
- Total length of a fully access-controlled 06 lane expressway is 340.824 KM.
- Project Cost – Rs. 22,494.66 crore (Including the cost of land).
- Other districts falling on the expressway – 1. Lucknow, 2- Barabanki, 3- Amethi, 4- Sultanpur, 5-Ayodhya, 6- Ambedkar Nagar, 7-Azamgarh, 8-Mau, 9-Ghazipur
- Project has been divided into 8 packages for implementation.
- Contracts have been constituted with the developers of all packages with effect from October 2018. The project has to be completed in 36 months and the deadline is October 2021. The inauguration of this expressway has been completed on November 16, 2021 by Hon'ble Prime Minister at Kurebhar-Airstrip, district-Sultanpur.
- As per executed agreements, the due date for COVID-19 completion is October 2021. However, in light of disruption in contract activities, the demand for EOI from EPC Contractor under GOI AtamnirbharGuidelines is under consideration.
For the development of the remotest eastern region, State Government has decided to develop another Expressway from State Capital (Lucknow) to the Eastern Region via Azamgarh. With the development of this Expressway, the Eastern region of the state would not only be connected to the state capital but also further to the National Capital. Through Agra-Lucknow & Yamuna Expressway
SALIENT FEATURES OF THE PROJECT
|Chand Sarai (District Lucknow) near-road cross-section constructed along with NH-731.
|Haidaria (District Ghazipur)
- Estimated Total Length - 340.824 km
|Mode of Implementation
|The Project is being implemented on Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) Mode.
Package wise Project Reports
With the Construction of Purvanchal Expressway, accelerated convenient mode of Transportation shall be available between the Eastern boundary of the State and the National Capital via State capital through other similar Expressways in the State viz. 'Agra to Lucknow Expressway' and 'Yamuna Expressway'
Being an Access Controlled Expressway, it would provide benefits like fuel-saving, time saving and Control in Pollution level, along with reduction in accidents.
The areas covered by this Expressway would be benefited in a Social & Economical way. Agriculture, commerce, tourism, and other industrial development will also get a fillip.
Industrial Training Institutes, Educational Institutes, Medical Institutes, New Townships and other various Commercial set ups shall be developed, especially near the Expressway areas, which will result into more opportunities for employment in the region. The overall social/economic development in the state will get a boost.
The proposed Expressway will prove to be a catalyst for the development of the region and State.
The proposed Purvanchal Expressway getting connected with existing Agra-Lucknow Expressway shall become a vast Industrial Corridor connecting Eastern boundary to Western boundary of the state which will result into overall development of the state.